Monday, April 4, 2011

Lessons from a WI recall - Y Heron - Open Salon

Lessons from a WI recall - Y Heron - Open Salon

Posted in Comments: Steve – “I know it isn't easy.” The weird thing is – it has gotten much easier psychologically b/c I have trained myself internally plus there are SO many more of us. The difficulty lies in not letting the cause take over my entire life. My kids receive much less attention and our family day are now exclusively dedicated to the cause. These are valuable life experiences for them…living civics lessons...and a chance to talk about those who have less than us. But I'd be lying if I didn't say that the exhaustion matches having a newborn baby.

"We need 15, 744 total signatures for recall of Harsdorf. We garnered another 641 signatures in our small city yesterday, while sending some excess volunteers to an neighboring town which compiled another 255 more through their hard work. Through the incredible grass roots efforts of the volunteers in our company, my husband and I have been able to submit 1396 signaturs thus far. Here are some things that I have learned about recalls along the way:"