Thursday, April 21, 2011

We are Really Vigilant about Trolls on our Site | Heartland Revolution

Heartland Revolution's Response to My Letter
RESPONSE FROM HEARTLAND REVOLUTION

From | Heartland Revolution

Dear Bev,

Thank you so much for your email and we would greatly appreciate any help you can offer to get the word out. We are really vigilant about trolls on our site so go ahead and blast away on getting traffic to the page. We have seen that social networking can provide a great means to grow the movement while exposing what is really going on in the area affected. I look forward to working with you side-by-side as we end the tyranny that the majority of this nation is being subjected to.

Thank you,
John Waltz
Co-Founder
Heartland Revolution


My Letter to John Waltz of Heartland Revolution

Apr 21, 2011

Dear Heartland Revolution,

I am a Wisconsin Protester... I have been involved now for over two months with the uprising here... I have also been involved with a couple of Michigan groups following and connected with people there. It has been helpful for both states as we have been able to provide support and share info and strategies. It has been through our communications that we have been able to clearly identify the larger picture early on....and have a heads up for what we might be witnessing in our own states.

I have been primarily focused on the cyber-community. It has been quite a rapid development with a lot of mobilizing quickly to address the need for connection and communication. Just two weeks ago... a new page grew to five thousand people over the course of a weekend. This was an issue page related to the investigation of Kathy Nickolaus and voter fraud. While there was great excitement and energy with the development of this page there were for the first time many trolls. That was a tough weekend for all of us and our candidate JoAnne Kloppenburg got hit so hard she had to close down her FB page to public posts.

The Wisconsin protest cyber community had to learn how to protect itself from this situation. It turns out that there are two basic ways and one involves the attention of the administrator and the other is way to block oneself.

I am framing the situation as I would like to spread the word and encourage people to join the Heartland FB page as a way to follow the situation. I am encouraging citizens to serve as "cyber witnesseses". It means I would make the site more public and encourage people to let others know and the link would be posted on larger sites where we can find people beyond the midwest... I do not want to do this without your permission and without you understanding that if this was to happen we would NEED your help removing the trolls as quickly as possible...to keep the site safe for communications. I can be of assistance but we would need to discuss options for achieving this.

It is time for this movement to grow again and sites like yours are important gateways to information and interactivity. Please let me know if I should proceed to promote this site beyond the Wisconsin protest community. Please feel free to contact me by email or friend me on Facebook for a more direct connection...Bev Richey | Milwaukee.

Thank you for all your work and support of Benton Harbor and I look forward to continuing to connect with your organization as we grow this protest movement. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely Yours,

Bev Richey

CyberCitizen
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

P.S. Here is a link to one of the other Michigan Protest FB pages that I am archiving and recommending, I will do something similar for your page... the question is how much exposure do you want me/us to give it.
http://blogablebev.blogspot.com/2011/04/michigan-rally-information-1.html