Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Daily Kos: Just Got My Pay-to-Pray Permit From The Wisconsin Capitol Police!

Daily Kos: Just Got My Pay-to-Pray Permit From The Wisconsin Capitol Police!

"The rule says that any time 4 or more people gather at an event in the state capitol not deemed to be "spontaneous", those people would need a permit. By last Friday, the DOA had been shamed into making some minor adjustments to the policies, exempting families and lobbyists from the permit requirements. Before the changes, though, I had already applied for a permit for my family for Sunday, December 18th, from 3:20 pm to 3:30 pm on the second floor of the capitol rotunda. I had filled in the "crowd estimate " at 4.

Under "proposed use" I had explained that it was a family gathering. We planned to take a family photo holding a sign that said "Merry Christmas from Wisconsin", and that we would say a prayer and videotape ourselves humming "Away in a Manger."" Read More Here | Daily Kos: