Wednesday, April 13, 2011

THE GE/YES MEN HOAX: Open Letter to General Electric (NYSE: GE)

Open Letter to General Electric (NYSE: GE)

"GE Responds to Public Outcry - Will Donate Entire $3.2 Billion Tax Refund to Help Offset Cuts and Save American Jobs

Fairfield, CT, 13th April, 2011 - GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt has informed the Obama administration that the company will be gifting its entire 2010 tax refund, worth $3.2 Billion, to the US Treasury on April 18, Tax Day, and will furthermore adopt a host of new policies that secure its position as a leader in corporate social responsibility."
Posted on Facebook by: USUncut

"We want the public to know that we've heard them, and that we know many Americans are going through tough times," said GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt. "GE will therefore give our 2010 tax refund back to the public and allow the public to decide how to spend it."

I decided to leave this post intact as I DID fall for the hoax and it provided me a very interesting sets of experiences (not sure I needed another roller coaster ride this morning).... I am adding the Raw Story link which was soon revealed to me....I did receive the post directly from USUnCut which I understand to mean...the experience was designed for all of us.

The Hoax Revealed:
Hoax http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/04/13/ap-falls-for-hoax-general-electric-is-not-donating-3-2-billion-to-the-u-s-treasury/